Thursday, January 15, 2009

Elias learns to read

So we started kindergarten this year. It didn't start off as well as expected. He had light changes during the first week. I was thinking this was going to be a long year. At one point I sent the teacher a letter explaining how sorry I was that we hadn't cloned Sadara and she would just have to deal with the situation. She later confessed that she thought he was being rude to her with some of his comments. Especially when he said "WHATEVER". She had finally figured out his personality. They get along fine now. She is beginning to teach them to read. He comes home from school with his first book. ZIP. I read the book to him and then he gives it a try. he gets thru the first 2 pages with little or no help. I am so excited. We finish the 6 page book. He looks up and says "I read that book, How cool is that?" I like this reading. I was very proud of him. Just a reminder of how much he is growing each day.

1 comment:

  1. Wish we lived closer, so that I could help him learn to read and truly enjoy it. What a wonderful gift reading truly is. It can take you places if only in your mind.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete